Skip to product information
1 of 2

Brite Tone Instrument Finish / High Solids Polyurethane

Brite Tone Instrument Finish / High Solids Polyurethane

Protect your work and keep the tone.

  • Non-Toxic
  • Eco-Friendly
  • Easy to Use
Regular price $14.99
Regular price Sale price $14.99
Sale Out of Stock
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Need a Different Lid?

View full details

Protect your work and keep the tone.

Brite Tone Instrument Finish is a high solids, super-hard, scratch-resistant, clear finish with exceptional clarity. It is by far CrystaLac's hardest and clearest top coat. Brite Tone will build to a high depth very quickly due to its high solids content and will not leave a blue cast on dark exotic wood. Adheres to wood, metal, plastic and glass.

Want to know more?


  • Water Clean up - All brushes can be rinsed with Water!
  • Easy to Use - Can be Brushed or Sprayed. Self leveling.
  • Non-Yellowing
  • Environmentally Safe - Low V.O.C, no toxic chemicals used and no obnoxious paint odor.
  • Quick Drying - 1 to 2 Hours. Can be recoated every 3 - 4 hours.
  • Scratch and Chemical Resistant.


  1. Environment: for best results, apply Brite Tone in a room temperature between 68-75ºF.
  2. Sealing: Prior to using Brite Tone, we recommend using a sanding sealer like CrystaLac’s Amber Toned Sanding Sealer to enrich the warm natural colors in the wood and to minimize grain raising.
  3. Dry Time: Wait 4 hours between each coat. You do not need to sand between coats.
  4. Cure Time: Since it is waterborne and doesn’t rely on harsh chemicals, Brite Tone can take up to 30 days to fully cure.


  • Store at room temperature in a dry place, out of direct sunlight.
  • Do not subject the product to freezing or hot temperatures.
  • CrystaLac products have a shelf life of 5 years after opening.
  • Use in a low-humidity environment above 68ºF.

Safety Info

  • Keep out of reach of children.
  • Do not allow children to use the product unsupervised.
  • Do not ingest.
  • If using a spray application method, wear proper eye and respiratory protection.

SDS Sheet

Customer Reviews

Based on 27 reviews

It’s expensive
Requires many coats
Lots of dry time between coats
Upside is that it’s safe and non-toxic


I used it for tumblers but it just peeled off after a while


I love love love it I can make beautiful cups and stay safe and do what I love❤️. Perfect for me being that I’m allergic to epoxy Thank you guys


This is an awesome alternative to epoxy and you can do it with the kiddos. Love it!


I love this company! I been purchasing about 4 years now and not one time been disappointed. ❤️